The company is the leading source for contact information in the USA. They developing services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities. With over 50 million unique monthly users, our company offers access to more than 200 million personal identities and provides users with the ability to control their own.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the technical team of engineers and overseeing architecture direction and development for new and existing products. In this role you will work together with project management and product owners to meet time/cost objectives, council and mentor team members, and conduct performance evaluations and career planning. A successful Engineering Manager will also analyze and refine best practices and process to ensure team produces documented, high-quality, stable and high-performance applications.
In the Engineering Manager role you will:
- Facilitate effective cross-team and inter-team interaction to keep team well informed of changes within the organization
- Set team expectations and enforce coding standards and best practices
- Work with team members to make and keep commitments
- Collaborate with Product to establish project objectives, estimates and schedules
- Manage development projects, including assigning work, monitoring schedules, solving and/or elevating issues, and providing constant communication both within the project team and to other interested parties
- Provide managerial leadership within the organization
- Assist in establishing, maintenance, and improvement of Product Development processes and procedures
- Ensure team understands and meets business project objectives and requirements
- Contribute to the development of software alongside your team
- Drive recruiting, interviewing and selling candidates
- Support the growth and learning of team members, through mentorship and supporting professional learning opportunities
- Ensure the development and maintenance of team standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy
Our ideal Engineering Manager will have:
- Proven success leading teams of developers with 3+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of using AWS technologies
- Ability to take ownership of a product, service or major feature or component and be responsible for its success.
- Ability to write clean code that works, is readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards
- Understanding of OO design, functional programming, languages, algorithms, data structures, networking, database design & optimization
- Ability to architect complex distributed systems within a team of developers
- Advanced expert working with one or more web development frameworks: Ruby on Rails, .NET, Express, Spring, Play, JSP/EJB, Django, etc.
- Advanced expert in database development with Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, or other database platforms
- Expert in one or more areas of relevant expertise: microservice architecture, high performance low latency web services, distributed computing, caching, HTTP, CI.
- Ability to define and meet schedules for complex and ambiguous projects for a team of developers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hungarian skills and experience working within an international organization
- Advanced knowledge of source control, branching and build management
- Passion for building a successful, massively scaled web sites and services
- Experience in the Clojure programming language
- Actively contributing to open source projects
- You will work with a small team with a passion for what they do, and the company keeps employees at the center of their mission.
- They host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle and offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.