A new team at our multinational finance market leader is committed to bringing more and more functions and projects to Budapest, which you can take part in joining this journey. It provides a great opportunity for those who want to have some influence on building an organization. You will have the privilege to work with huge, data-intensive systems that not many companies own in the World. Challenging yourself on different but closely connected areas is possible as internal mobility is supported according to our vision. The intention is to gather the top experts together to be the best for our clients – hopefully, you can be part of that.
As a full-stack JAVA developer, you will provide technical leadership in the development, architecture and solution design to add new features and upgrade functionality, proactively identify areas in need of efficiency improvement and streamline potential through automation.
The main application is an enterprise cloud-based data processing platform that provides self-servicing capabilities for data and content integration, transformation and processing, and monitoring. These features are used to build, execute, and monitor data processing streams by configuring and assembling reusable services and components to implement desired business and technical functions.
Your tasks would be:
- Deliver advanced technical projects as an individual contributor and provide technical leadership on projects implemented by the wider team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers
- Provide technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Evaluate, design and develop various technical solutions simplifying user experience and drive adoption.
- Research and adopt new developments software developments, frameworks, and technical standards to drive application strategic direction.
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve production issues and provide L3 support
- Excellent oral and written English
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced & agile delivery model
- Results-oriented, self-start with a positive “can-do” attitude
- 6+ years of JEE experience with strong fundamentals in developing web applications, multi-threading, and resource management activities
- Strong experience using Spring 4+, Java 8 and open source frameworks and libraries
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, reading/writing different file formats (delimited files, excel, PDF, etc.) through Java, file transmission protocols (SSH, SFTP, FTP, FTPS)
- Excellent grasp of threads, resource management, and concurrent programming concepts
- Experience with developing REST API, optionally using Spring Data and Spring Data REST
- Minimal experience with Linux commands and scripts
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- Previous experience in using ETL/ELT tools like Talend, DataStage, Informatica or Ab-Initio
- Experience with automating testing with Spring testing framework
- Familiarity deploying security using Spring security frameworks for web application and APIs
- Working knowledge of various open-source libraries and utilizing them for solution delivery
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers.