Lead Customs Specialist
Ensuring “regulatory excellence” in dealing with customs administrations and in accordance with the requirements of the internal procedures of
- Tungsram Group and applicable law.
- Ensure the appropriate customs valuation, classification and country of origin of imported and exported goods is properly utilized.
- Develop and manage the process to obtain and maintain the customs licences required for the business - in particular, responsible for obtaining / maintaining approved exporter licence
- Partner with the Special Programs Leader to ensure proper use and documentation of any special programs if applicable
- Manage urgent business requests and issue resolution related to more complex customs transactions and supporting functions
- Assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of internal control programs to ensure compliance with Customs requirements.
- Interface with the business and government regulators to address questions and concerns.
- Act as business focal point for any customs ops related matters to facilitate and drive process enhancement and adherence
- Provide advice & guidance to the businesses on Origin related topics
- To be aware of all origin agreements and the preference determination in SAP/GTS
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations and associated processes
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong team work and prioritization skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on building good working relations
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges efficiently and autonomously
- Demonstrated high-level professional ability in both oral and written communication required. Fluency in English.
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Numerate with a good eye for detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Additional European languages (other than Hungarian)
- Knowledge of GE Customs systems and processes
- Established networks within the GE Customs organizations in Europe
- Professional Customs licence.
- Competitive compensation package
- Manufacturing environment in Budapest (4th district)
- Professional improvement in the area of taxation in the working practice of a globally leading global firm
- Long-term career opportunities
- Changes in the company provide new projects