Software Engineering Specialist
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfil GEs mission and deliver to their customers.
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set, contribute to the team and work with direction from Senior Team Members or management.
We need you to
- Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Be able to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
- Understand core data structures and algorithms and be able to implement them using language of choice.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience with git, Jenkins, and a DBMS
You should be familiar with at least 1 of the following
- VB6, activeX and web aware applications
- Angular front end and REST based service development
- ASP .NET