On the behalf of one of our biggest SSC clients, we are looking for a new manager, who would be responsible for the accounting portfolio of the company for 3 major countries.
Accounting Reporting Controlling Manager
- Ensures that the Group reporting manual is properly applied at the local entity level,
- Acts as finance SME to the business,
- Oversees and validates reporting for the local entity(ies) and provides assurance to the Finance Manager on the integrity of the financial reports,
- Maintains a close working relationship with the GBS supporting key financial processes,
- Ensuring adherence to the financial standardisation agenda,
- Keeping abreast on fiscal and regulatory legislation for multiple countries,
- Able to translate and apply BP’s control framework at the local entity level,
- Ensures requirements of all local legislation over financial reporting, accounting and control are met, including Statutory and Tax Reporting where relevant.
- Responsible for the oversight and sign off of the local entities balance sheet and cash flow, and treatment of cross charges for the country / Cluster costs,
- Accountable for assuring the accuracy & completeness of the actuals / forecast process,
- Ensure delivery of the annual planning & rolling forecast process,
- First point of contact for tax authority questions/audits,
- Lead the control agenda across the local entity(ies) and plants,
- Lead the Risk Management process,
- Drive continuous improvement projects,
- Coaches direct reports (where relevant) and the wider finance and business teams,
- Managing & balancing diverse demands from multiple countries.
- Recognised national or international professional accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA or working towards this,
- At least 7 years’ experience of reporting and MI processes (actuals, RF & plan) – hardcore accounting background
- Proven track record in controls, compliance & risk management,
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills,
- People management experience (in smaller teams is enough)
- Fluency in English,
- At least intermediate German.
- Learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to build a lasting career.
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements.
- Life & health insurance, medical care package.
- Company laptop and phone for private usage.
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement.