Our partner is a tech-savvy agency and passionate about groundbreaking video applications. They are enjoying themselves at the forefront of the OTT and TV Everywhere Industry for over a decade, pioneering in Mobile, Connected TV, and other emerging platforms. They partner with clients in media, entertainment, and technology to craft amazing consumer experiences all over the world. Their bespoke design and development services are used by the likes of Disney, IBM, HBO, Samsung, and many other leading businesses and brands. Founded in 2009 and rooted in digital, you can find their always growing team operating from our offices in Amsterdam, Budapest, and Los Angeles.
We’re looking for an Android engineer, who is an excellent all-round programmer with a good understanding of Software Architecture, and who can transform Interaction & Visual Design into a fantastic User Experience. You are going to be part of an Agile team working to realize native applications for a multitude of Android-based platforms and be involved with all facets of the process, from pitch to Quality Assurance. Your input is appreciated on all fronts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- you collaborate with the design team and the lead engineer to decide on the choices to be made to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project during the development process of applications, you continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests
- using, among others, Jira, Slack, BaseCamp, Skype, Git, and Scrum boards, you communicate with all stakeholders and you keep overview and control over projects
- you provide clients with clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint
- after the go-live, you monitor everything in collaboration with all parties concerned. What are the clients saying, the end-users and the measuring systems? What points of improvement can be learned and implemented in the next release?
- Tech stack: Android Studio / GIT
- Processes: Differs per project deployments are done by means of Git flow hooks and Jenkins or AppCenter (automated building/deployment scripts)
- Testing standards / tooling: Expected to provide unit tests, expected to use code lint
As an ideal Android developer you have
- a Bachelor level degree. A computer science degree is highly desirable
- 3+ years relevant work experience, preferably also in the digital media industry
- solid demonstrable knowledge of Software Architecture patterns
- a (demonstrable) keen nose for code smell and knowledge on how to avoid it
- experience with Java/Kotlin
- preferably experience with Gradle/RxJava/Room/Dagger
- a good command of the English language in a work setting