We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing inclusive workplaces where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to addressing the dual challenge facing society today: to meet the world’s growing demand for energy while reducing environmental impacts, including the risk of climate change.
Our Global Business Center (GBC) in Budapest was established in 2004, and our diverse and multinational workforce of over 2,000 fellow colleagues has been powering ExxonMobil’s global businesses ever since. We are proud to work in an inclusive, safe, and vibrant work environment, and provide exciting long term career opportunities for our employees – with a commitment to professional development, personal growth and career progression. Come and pursue a career in Fuels & Lubricants (F&L) department. As a…
Compliance and Sustainability Analyst with French
At ExxonMobil, we know that people need energy. We work to expand the supply of reliable and affordable energy needed for economic progress. In doing so, we take a balanced approach that considers the impact of our operations on local economies, communities and the environment.
The Complianceand Sustainability Analyst has a key role in delivering on our sustainability commitments and ensuring that the corporation is in full compliance with laws and regulations in every geography we operate. They are responsible for the follow up and administrative handling of the biofuels / emissions / Compulsory Stock Obligation (CSO) balancing and reporting for a certain cluster in Europe.
They provide support to Traders and Optimizers in Brussels for activities like e.g., executing the biofuels/emissions/cso certificate trades and monitoring the compliance performance. The Analyst also acts as an expert of local end European carbon and sustainability legislation applicable for their assigned cluster. Their support includes complex analytics, government reporting, transaction accounting, documentation and more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN OUR TEAM
- Maintaining and updating of the Internal Reporting Tools so that the Optimizer can retrieve / review the necessary data in order to issue planning signals in line obligations
- Manage large and complex data sets from multiple sources to understand our real-time position versus the different biofuels (sub) mandates.
- Monitoring fulfillment of the biofuels purchase contracts, volumes and related Carbon and Sustainability (C&S) information. Check correctness of the received C&S documentation.
- Follow-up bio / emissions / CSO volumes received or issued under partner agreements.
- Create correct documentation in case bio/emissions/CSO certificates need to be issued towards partners.
- Perform the actual bio/emissions/CSO balance submission to the government, first line contact for the government in view of administrative issues or questions
- Handling CSO and Emission trading ticket contracts.
- Work with authorities or external Auditors to evidence compliance with laws and regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master’s degree in Business Economics / STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) / Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience is an advantage.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to work with complex data structures.
- Outstanding attention to details in a fast paced environment, able to keep deadlines whilst has the ability to identify errors and recommend process enhancements.
- Work with high accuracy under pressure of financial accountability and deadlines.
- Able and willing to understand the larger picture implement new scenarios / optimizations in a continuously changing legal environment.
- High technical comfort level with systems and technology; excellent command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. SAP experience is a benefit.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural organization
- Full professional proficiency in English and French.
WHAT AWAITS YOU
- Attractive salary & benefits package
- Long term career perspective & range of opportunities at one of the largest companies in the world
- Variety of benefits supporting your health & wellbeing (e.g. life insurance, private health insurance contribution, private pension fund contribution)
- Flexible working hours and home-office opportunity
- Relocation assistance for candidates from abroad
- Programs for parents & wellness elements (e.g. refreshments, ergo stretch breaks)
- Inspiring and diverse working teams
- Interesting, stimulating work environment in an international atmosphere
- Opportunities to enhance communication and language skills, job specific and broader trainings
Place of work
Curious about this opportunity? Apply and we would love to tell you more!