Corporate Financial Services - Controllers Analyst
ExxonMobil is looking for the best and brightest people with exceptional talent and incredible drive. In exchange for commitment, integrity, innovation and leadership, ExxonMobil provides a challenging and rewarding long term career with numerous opportunities.
ExxonMobil established the European Business Support Center in Budapest in 2004, employing currently more than 800 people in the Controller’s department. It has become an indispensable service provider for ExxonMobil affiliates in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The Controller’s department is looking for energized and intelligent candidates who enjoy a dynamic work environment with many challenges, and who want to position themselves for a long term career with a well-established international company.
Job Role Summary
An analyst will be responsible for operational, general, payroll or financial accounting activities including end-to-end processing, issue resolution and process improvements. Individuals may be responsible for the activities of specific countries and hence knowledge of a second European language is desirable. Demonstrated performance will lead to opportunities for increasing responsibilities and more job complexities across the financial organization.
Specific responsibilities could include:
- Partnering with the business operations to ensure the completeness of volumetric and commercial accounting records;
- Completing financial accounting and reporting activities for several countries;
- Collaboration with external service providers to deliver end to end payroll process (e.g. gross to net, tax and social security accounting, HR accounting, employee's customer service) for multiple countries in EMEA region;
- Reconciliations and investigation of items for prompt resolution;
- Preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly key performance indicators.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hrs/week)
- Bachelor/Master degree (or pending degree with only the final exam outstanding) in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent with 0-2 years relevant work experience (in accounting, finance, payroll, tax, treasury or other relevant experience)
- Accounting background with minimum of 3 semesters of accounting or finance studies (and strong understanding of it)
- Fluent level of English and second European language, besides Hungarian, is encouraged (i.e.: Italian, French, German, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to take self-initiative and seek challenges
- Ability to influence others and work in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of initiative, leadership and academic achievement
- Attention to accuracy and detail and ability to meet priorities and deadlines
- Variety of benefit elements to support and protect your health and financial wellbeing
- Interesting work in an international environment
- Range of career opportunities at one of the largest and most successful companies in the world
- Daily contact with international counterparties
- Opportunities to enhance communication and language skills
- Opportunities for job specific and broader career development trainings
- Opportunities to develop experience in the organization
Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance, Payroll, Tax, Treasury