The largest ICT employer in Hungary, Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions (formerly IT-Services Hungary, ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 5000 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey in 2021 and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.
DevOps Engineer for SDN
DT-IT is currently having multiple open positions for non junior DevOps Engineers, thus the exact job description is not specifically described here.
Some business areas where we are searching for are the following:
- Fiber optic infrastructure
- Cloud Services & Products
- BI platform element and data provisioning
- Voice Application Service Platform
- Integrated CRM systems for mobile customers
- IT infrastructure and infrastructure services
- Geodata services and applications
- Network Transformation & Optimization
As a DevOps Engineer with a deep emphasis on Software Defined Networking and an agile mindset, adept in frameworks like Scrum or Kanban, you:
- have proven experience in DevOps environments with a significant focus on SDN solutions.
- understand thoroughly the SDLC, especially the interplay between DevOps and SDN implementations.
- have architected, deployed, and maintained sophisticated CI/CD pipelines, with an accent on automating network configurations and management.
- show expertise in tools like GitLab, GitHub Automation, Jenkins or similar, particularly for SDN automation and orchestration.
- seamlessly integrate tasks across SDLC domains (DEV, QA, SEC, OPS), ensuring that network-related tasks are prioritized and well-integrated.
- constantly explore and adopt the latest in SDN technologies, architectures, and best practices.
- have a skillful command over scripting (Python, BASH, JS/TS, Ruby, PHP, Groovy) to automate SDN configurations and tasks.
- possess an in-depth understanding of OPS duties, especially as they pertain to network management, troubleshooting, and optimization in an SDN context.
- proficiently provision and manage network-centric infrastructure using tools and platforms tailored for SDN (like OpenFlow, Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, etc.).
- champion network observability, monitoring, and real-time feedback, ensuring top-tier performance and reliability of the SDN solutions.
- have hands-on experience in monitoring the SDLC, network operations, and the overall performance of deployed solutions in an SDN environment.
- are acquainted with DORA metrics, and ideally, other network-centric performance and reliability metrics.
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding, potentially hands-on, of cloud hyperscalers (GCP, AWS, Azure, Oracle) and their SDN solutions and offerings.
- prioritize network security, resilience, and disaster recovery in all SDN implementations and configurations.
- have hands-on familiarity with container and orchestration platforms (like Docker, K8S) in the context of SDN integration and management.
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Hungary due to European taxation regulation.
Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs