Grand Central is an enterprise cloud based data processing platform that provides self-servicing capabilities for data and content integration, transformation and processing, and monitoring. These features are used to build, execute, and monitor data processing streams by configuring and assembling reusable services and components in order to implement desired business and technical functions.
Grand Central platform used globally within our client's architecture spanning across all sectors to support medium to critical business needs.
Full-stack JAVA developer
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience working with most if not all of the technologies listed below.
- Java 8, Spring 4+, Spring Security, HTML5, JQuery and JSON
- REST API and HATEOAS principles
- Java threads and concurrent APIs
- SQL and NoSQL and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Linux environment including scripting skills
- Good understanding of remote procedure calls (RPC), file transmission protocols and web services
- Distributed Caching frameworks such as Gemfire
Good to have
- Big data and data formats
- Modern MVC/MVVM client libraries like AngularJS, ReactJS along with Bootstrap
- Working with Git & Git workflows and Maven & Jenkins builds
- Exposure to TDD
- Excellent oral and written English
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced & agile delivery model
- Ability to take ownership and proactively follow up on issues
- Results-oriented, self-start with positive “can-do” attitude
Ideal background would be:
- 5 years of JEE experience with strong fundamentals in developing web applications, multi-threading and resource management activities
- Experience using Spring 4+, Java 8 and open source frameworks and libraries
- Experience with working SQL and NoSQL databases, reading/writing different file formats (delimited files, excel, PDF, etc.) through Java, file transmission protocols (SSH, SFTP, FTP, FTPS)
- Experience with developing REST API, optionally using Spring Data and Spring data REST
- Minimal experience with Linux commands and scripts
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
Good to have:
- Previous experience in using ETL/ELT tools like Talend, DataStage, Informatica or Ab-Initio
- Experience with automate testing with Spring testing framework
- Familiarity deploying security using Spring security frameworks for web application and APIs
- Working knowledge of various open source libraries and utilizing them for solution delivery
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers.
- Deliver advanced technical projects as an individual contributor and provide technical leadership on projects implemented by the wider team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers
- Provide technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services.
- Evaluate, design and develop various technical solutions simplifying user experience and drive adoption.
- Research and adopt new developments software developments, frameworks and technical standards to drive application strategic direction.
- Diagnose, analyse and resolve production issues and provide L3 support
- Great salary package and career path.
- Home office and dynamic working hours.
- Exposure to corporate strategic initiatives.
- Opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Work with huge and high-performant systems: big data, multi-threaded and complex systems.