Our partner is a world leader in industrial packaging products and services. The company is being present for more than 140 years. They are supporting the EMEA region from their Budapest-based BSC. We are looking for a GL Accountant who wants to utilize her/his knowledge in a great company! Do you speak English confidently? Do you have relevant experience in finance? Read more and apply!
General Ledger Specialist with French
Key tasks and Activities:
- Ensure that all company controls (SOX) are met.
- Responsible for US GAAP, reporting and analyses of data and other ad hoc requests for information.
- Responsible for General Ledger ongoing postings, ad-hoc postings based on RTR processes.
- Responsible for Master Data handling on GL side.
- Perform month-end, quarterly and year-end closings, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Be the control person during the closing activities between AP and AR departments.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of documents processed, based on GREIF accounting manual.
- Prepare and review month-end closing, ongoing reports and financial information analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, based on RTR processes and Internal Controls.
- Ensure that ad hoc reporting needs/requirements are delivered on time
- Proactively support GL team to get at least satisfactory rating in all audits.
- Lead by example for other GL team members in bringing the control environment to life
- Actively participate in general ledger change projects as required.
- Keep in touch with other departments and with subsidiaries.
- Bachelor degree (preference: in Economics Finance - Accountancy )
- Up to standard knowledge of corporate and local accounting rules, being able to apply those in daily work.
- Profound knowledge of relevant GL processes, having relationships with customers, controllers, other peers.
- Effective at dealing with people at all levels (Interpersonal skills).
- Pragmatic & logical thinker with an eye for detail and an analytical mind
- 2 - 3 years relevant SSC experience
- Experience in a multinational environment preferably in a Shared Services environment is a must.
- Fluent communication in English (both written and verbal)
- Solid user-level proficiency in MS Office
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Multinational, dynamic environment;
- Modern office in the city center;
- Stable company background;
- Long-term career opportunity;
- Home office opportunity and flexible working hours;
- Complex, end-to-end processes;