Purpose of the position:
The (Junior) Financial Planning Manager will be responsible for maintaining and improving Wizz Air’s financial planning and forecasting system, developing forecasting models and automated solutions that will be used to perform projections for the three financial statements (income, balance sheet, cash flow), including the annual budget. Part of the role will be to perform controlling-related tasks with regards to fuel costs/
The first area of responsibility is to maintain and improve Wizz Air’s financial planning and forecasting system. This includes:
- Be the main point of contact for all operational and financial KPIs;
- Responsible for consolidating financial models (fuel, maintenance, crew etc) into group-level and subsidiary-level P&Ls;
- Scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of business decisions on the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow;
- Contributing to month close activities, reporting and analysis;
- Contributing to the improvement of the financial planning and forecasting system through automation projects or system implementation.
The second area of responsibility is performing controlling related to fuel costs. This includes:
- Developing the annual budget and monthly forecasts for fuel and related costs;
- Financial analysis to support tendering decisions;
- Supporting the Head of Financial Planning & Controlling, CFO and wider Leadership Team with impactful financial analysis.
Professional development opportunities include Wizz Air’s “Wizzdom” trainings, exposure to senior management and opportunities over time for strong performers to transfer to different roles within the company.
- Completed university degree, preferably in economics, finance or accounting
- Between 1-3 years’ professional experience in a finance or controlling role
- Strong technical understanding of accounting principles
- Hard-working and can-do attitude
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to hold your own presenting to senior management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL databases, Power BI is an advantage