We are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer for IoT, for one of the world’s leading energy companies with more than 100,000 employees and contractors located in over 50 countries around the world. Their large, in-house IT organization consists of 6,000 professionals supporting an array of business lines, plants, refineries, manufacturing sites, internal and external business partners.
This team in Budapest is responsible for maintaining and developing the entire Europe, Middle East and Africa network of the company.
In this position, you will be in charge of:
- Join a team with diverse skill sets to develop and operate end-to-end Industrial IoT solutions aka. ”sensor to cloud”
- Enable the collection and processing of previously unattainable field data for improved asset performance or production output across our global business lines (Refining, Chemicals, Lubricants, Pipelines, Production, etc.)
- Develop and engineer a lightweight Linux based platform for IoT use cases working to integrate solutions across the full platform stack (HW, OS, containers, device management, and security).
- Ensure uptime, performance, resources, and security of the devices meet the needs of the business and its users in an industrial setting
- Acquire, install, or upgrade system components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot and offer technical support for project-related work
- Contribute to existing documentation such as knowledge base, manuals, etc.
- Work in a global organization across various business lines and industrial environments with occasional regional and international travel
Regarding the technical skills, you need to:
- 3+ years of high-level enterprise Systems Engineering with detailed knowledge of the Linux operating system and/or application virtualization administration experience (VMotion / VStorage / Docker preferred but not required)
- General knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, HTTP, Load Balancers, Proxies, Firewalls)
- High-level knowledge in embedded computing and associated development
- Knowledge in various scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
- General knowledge of Azure/AWS, Azure IoT Edge, use of TPM 2.0, Enterprise automation (Ansible/Puppet)
Regarding the soft skills, you need to:
- Strong IT technical foundation and aptitude for fast learning
- Interest in industrial environments and IoT solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving agile environment
- Passion for continuous learning, knowledge sharing, mentoring
- Experience with DevOps philosophies and practices
Otherwise, fluent English knowledge is a must as well.
- Training and development opportunities in a global organization
- Be part of an international team
- Possibility to work with new technologies