We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing inclusive workplaces where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do. We build skills and competencies through training and work experiences in a wide range of assignments. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting edge innovation, we are committed to addressing the dual challenge facing society today: to meet the world’s growing demand for energy while reducing environmental impacts, including the risk of climate change.
Our Global Business Center (GBC) in Budapest was established in 2004, and our diverse and multinational workforce of over 2,000 fellow colleagues has been powering ExxonMobil’s global businesses ever since. We are proud to work in an inclusive, safe, and vibrant work environment, and provide exciting long term career opportunities for our employees – with a commitment to professional development, personal growth and career progression.
Come and pursue a career in Fuels & Lubricants’ Marine Transportation Organization that facilitates transportation of hydrocarbon via sea for ExxonMobil’s affiliates across the globe as
Logistics Coordinator, Marine Operations EMEA
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, commercially minded individuals interested in a dynamic career with a large multinational company. Individuals should be self-starters interested in expanding their knowledge of the Commercial Marine and Commercial Oil and Gas industry in a variety of assignments over their career.
At ExxonMobil, we know that people need energy and also the fact that energy doesn’t always exist where needed. We work to ensure the supply of safe, reliable and affordable energy needed for economic progress. Globally, our Marine Transportation organization manages ~20k marine voyages, ~40k port calls to help transport ~3.5 million barrel a day of oil. In doing so, we take a balanced approach that considers the impact of our operations on local economies, communities and the environment.
Marine Coordinators play a key role in ensuring safe, efficient, and cost effective dispatch and voyage operations of ExxonMobil affiliate chartered vessels that transport company's cargoes domestically and/or worldwide.
The role provides extensive opportunities to learn both ExxonMobil organization and also the Marine Industry. Marine Coordinators work closely with Commercial Supply & Trading, Sales, Refineries, Logistics, Claims, Vetting, Product Quality and Accounting within the Company. Their external contacts include vessel Owners, Charterers, Brokers, Agents, Ship Captain, Inspectors and Agents.
THE ROLE WILL YOU PLAY IN OUR TEAM
- Manage the operations and scheduling activity of ExxonMobil chartered vessels, ExxonMobil cargoes and third party cargoes on behalf of ExxonMobil, including management of unexpected circumstances with due consideration to general interest of company
- Primary responsibility is to ensure lowest delivered cost of each managed chartered voyage
- Identify and seek opportunities for cost reductions through optimization of fleet
- Arrange and optimize supply and delivery of bunkers for time chartered vessels
- Work closely with Demurrage Claims organization to minimize losses and maximize value to ExxonMobil
- Work with third party Vessel Owners, ExxonMobil sites, Refining Optimizers, Traders and Commercial Schedulers to effectively and economically meet Value Chain requirements related with vessels and cargo movements
- Interface with responsible vetting organizations to ensure all marine vessels and equipment are properly vetted prior to use
- Ensure Affiliates are advised about schedules and operational matters through daily updates
- Work with sites to support and coordinate long-range planning and refinery turnarounds to ensure adequate equipment coverage and signal accuracy
- Formulate and issue appropriate voyage orders and letters of indemnity (as necessary)
- Act as first point of contact for billing dispute and/or resolution with billing analysts
- Ensure compliance with ExxonMobil policies, industry standards, and government regulations
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Economics, Logistics / STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), Marine, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to interface across functions in a geographically diverse, multi-cultural and partly virtual organization
- Analytical, ability to identify and execute optimization opportunities to maximize revenue gen or minimize cost output on a marine asset
- Commercial minded, Creative, innovative, driven, high energy, self-starter and barrier breaker
- Able and willing to work outside office hours to resolve operational changes.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. SAP experience is a benefit.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent time management, well organized and structured
- Relevant work experience (Oil & Gas commercial, Petroleum Product Scheduling, Marine Voyage Operations) is an advantage.
- Maritime Industry knowledge, Marine Operation Experience, Marine Commercial, Sailing experience and basic accounting is an advantage
- Understanding of and experience in tanker charter parties, ship load patterns, trade lanes and claims (demurrage and cargo loss, quality) is an advantage
- Experience with information technology systems like SAP and/or Veson is an advantage
WHAT AWAITS YOU
- Attractive salary & benefits package.
- Long term career perspective & range of opportunities at one of the largest companies in the world.
- Variety of benefits supporting your health & wellbeing (e.g. life insurance, private health insurance contribution, private pension fund contribution).
- Flexible working hours and home-office opportunity.
- Relocation assistance for candidates from abroad.
- Programs for parents & wellness elements (e.g. refreshments, ergo stretch breaks).
- Inspiring and diverse working teams.
- Interesting, stimulating work environment in an international atmosphere.
- Opportunities to enhance leadership, communication and language skills, job specific and broader trainings.