Purpose of the position:
The Maintenance Controller will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Compnay cost control processes, financial planning and forecasting systems, developing forecasting models and automated solutions that will be used to perform projections for the maintenance cost area.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Be the main point of contact for all maintenance related questions and requests;
- Responsible for closing, forecasting and cost reviews for the maintenance cost area;
- Scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of business decisions on the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow;
- Participation in maintenance related tenders (base maintenance and line maintenance) across the network;
- Act as a point of contact in terms of cost control / cost collection for maintenance related insurance claims (e.g. bird strikes, damages)
- Contributing to the improvement of the financial planning and forecasting system through automation projects or system implementation.
Professional development opportunities include Wizz Air’s “Wizzdom” trainings, exposure to senior management and opportunities over time for strong performers to transfer to different roles within the company.
- Completed university degree, preferably in economics, finance or accounting
- Up to 5 years’ professional experience in a finance or controlling role
- Strong technical understanding of accounting principles with an emphasis on IFRS 16
- Hard-working and can-do attitude
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to hold your own presenting to senior management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Airline experience or experience with a maintenance provider is a strong plus
- Experience with SQL databases, Power BI is an advantage