Deadline to Submit:
October 25th 2017
UNITED WAY HUNGARY JOB POSTING
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children and youth in Hungary? Do you care about their education, financial stability and health? United Way Hungary is a member of the international network of United Way Worldwide, the world’s largest privately supported not-for-profit organization, established more than 125 years ago. Since its inception, 26 years ago, United Way Hungary has supported hundreds of civic organizations and mobilized thousands of volunteers and has helped a major role in the development of civil society. United Way Hungary’s mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good.
Marketing and Communications Manager
To CEO of United Way Hungary
Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday, 9:00 to 5:30 p.m. Must be able to work flexible schedule, when needed.
Reporting to the CEO marketing and communications manager manages UWH’s marketing and communication’s activities in alignment with the organization’s mission & vision as well as the UWW Brand Guidelines.
- Create and implement organizational communications, ensuring a consistent brand experience.
- Plan and execute effective marketing and strategic communications initiatives and projects that build the United Way brand, strengthening relationships with key constituencies.
- Function as an effective brand steward, providing peer-to-peer leadership, training, and support to help all staff and key volunteers to deliver the ideal messaging at all times.
- Oversee digital marketing and communications strategy and tactics.
- Serve as the organization’s lead media contact, handling both short- and long-term PR activities.
- Support United Way's commitment to excellent customer service by facilitating communication and relationship-building with community partners and key stakeholders (United Way staff and key volunteers, local organizations, businesses, individuals and the international UW network).
- Marketing and communications strategy development and implementation, including a digital strategy that elicits donor and volunteer engagement.
- Development of marketing and communications materials supporting UWH’s fundraising activities (online, events, workplace campaigns, affinity groups etc.).
- Ensure marketing and communications support to all impact programs and raise visibility for the work of United Way Hungary.
- Localization of UWW New Brand Strategy.
- Development and maintenance of good and efficient relationship with the media.
- Production of PR tools including online communications, press releases and press kits.
- Manage year-round donor communications.
- Write, edit and manage the publication of quarterly newsletter and other internal and external publications and collateral as required, in both Hungarian and English.
- Responsible for developing content of UWH’s online presence (primarily website and social media channels) and responsible for online campaigns (AdWords, social media including post plan, click conversion, article plan, SEO).
- Manage UWH’s social media channels and serve as ambassador and role model for effective use of social media in both organizational and personal contexts.
- Track, manage and evaluate plan implementation.
- Develop and conduct ongoing research to support the planning and development of organization marketing strategy and tactics.
- Work with other internal departments to integrate marketing and communications strategies.
- Develop new opportunities to raise awareness of the United Way brand locally.
- Provide leadership to a team of volunteers.
- Ensure that all branding and communications activities in are done in accordance to UW’s Policy and Branding Guidelines.
- Delivery in due dates the reports requested for owned area.
- Direct involvement in the budgeting process for owned area.
- Follow the quality, ethics and integrity norms.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Experience in content marketing.
- High proficiency in written and oral communications and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional Hungarian and English language skills.
- Expertise in digital marketing and metrics.
- Strong management skills, especially in stressful and fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic and evolving environment.
- Proficiency in the use of photography and video as communications medium is an advantage.
- Collaborator and results-driven.
- Brand steward
The job holder will work closely with and under the CEO of United Way Hungary, will be expected to report to the CEO. The job holder will receive professional support from the Marketing and Communication Committee of UWH
- We support your professional development in an international environment.
- Challenging tasks and targets.
- You can extend your network from all sector.
- We change lives.
The job holder will be based in the United Way Hungary’s office, located in Budapest, 1134 Váci út 33. 3rd floor.
- University/college degree, preferably in business or communication.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing and communications field is required.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment.
- Experience in working the NGO sector is an advantage.
- Volunteering experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment and Internet.
- Basic graphic design and Photoshop knowledge.
Send your CV and motivation letter to us. Please list 2 references with contact details. The motivation letter (max 2000 characters) should include why you would like to work for United Way Hungary and what makes you the perfect candidate for this job. If you wish you can send your motivation in a short video (max 2 minutes).
Expected start of the job November 15th (negotiable)
Long-listed candidates will be interviewed. Short-listed candidates will be required to take part in an assessment (half to full day).
More information about United Way Hungary: www.unitedway.hu
More information about United Way Worldwide: www.unitedway.org