As a partner of Aegon Global Technology we are looking for candidates for a Systems Engineer role role. In 2017 the company has established its most recent technology center in Budapest which since then is growing rapidly. Aegon Global Technology makes sure that all employees of Aegon are working with latest IT solutions and receive finest support. Being part of their team, gives you opportunity to not only work with most recent IT technologies, but also provides you the chance for dynamic and diverse career path.
In addition to the globally modern IT environment, Aegon Global Technology provides secure and long-term career, brand new office located in the heart of the city, flexible working hours with home office opportunities, followed by exceptional compensation.
By following the values of the company, coming to work should bring passion, fun and creativity instead of a simple hope for the green traffic light in the morning on the way to the office.
Eager to know more? In that case, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and get all the details.
The AGT systems programming staff is responsible for supporting AEGON’s Mainframe environment’s software, hardware, configurations and processes to ensure stability and reliability for all Mainframe users.
- Provide day to day support for the mainframe environment, with some variation in schedule to support non-prime business hours, including weekends.
- Problem resolution – resolving problems to final resolution with root cause
- Daily monitoring of key mainframe WMQ, distributed WMQ(B) / IIB v10 systems to identify improvement opportunities.
- Problem prevention – reviewing system dumps, logrec, hiper maintenance on a regular basis
- On-call support and fulfilling support requests/questions from customers.
- Supporting disaster recovery testing exercises.
- Advise/direct other staff members as well as internal customers in order to improve availability and overall application performance.
- Ability to conceptualize project end states and develop sound implementation plans.
- Project work both internal AGT and Business Unit driven.
- Installing third-party mainframe and distributed software and software fixes.
- Adapting platforms to meet AEGON business requirements.
- Continuously making improvements to deliver best-in-class service availability and cost.
- Demonstrable experience of managing, administering and supporting the mainframe systems
- An in depth knowledge of IBM MQ on z/os as well as windows and linux flavors. WebSphere Broker, and IBM Integration Bus (IIB) v10 software knowledge is a significant advantage with a proven history of upgrading current releases of each.
- A thorough understanding and practical management of SSL and TLS certificates in the MQ environments.
- Excellent understanding of z system hardware, software and network as well as a working knowledge of other platforms including Linux for Z and x86 platforms including windows, LINUX, and UNIX.
- Knowledge of z/OS and distributed related software components.
- In depth knowledge of RACF security as it relates to MQ.
- Opportunity to join a newly started IT Center in Budapest
- Brand new office at excellent location (Corvin)
- Training and career opportunities
- Competitive salary