Our client is one of the largest provider of life insurance in Hungary. You have the chance to join their Financial Reporting and Operations team.
The Senior Actuarial is accountable and responsible for the ongoing analysis and reporting across all financial aspects of reporting processes. He or she can lead small teams deployed by the chief of staff to ensure timely, accurate and complete delivery of the financial reports. The Senior Actuarial is a seasoned financial reporting professional who has an in-
depth technical knowledge and practical understanding of IFRS and SII.
- Financial Reporting – Responsible for timely, accurate and complete financial reporting such as IFRS, Solvency II and Market Value Numbers (MVN), managed by an Expert Team Lead, in line with relevant regulations and guidelines (e.g. IFRS, SOX, SEC, SII etc), in order to provide technical expertise and in-depth knowledge to the numbers, insight and information for management and external stakeholders. Maintain adequate Group financial systems and drive one-time right reporting. This also includes responsibility for
maintaining reporting manuals.
Regulatory reporting – Responsible for timely, accurate and complete regulatory reporting managed by an Expert Team Lead covering requests from group regulators and other initiatives / requirements. Main reports are Solvency and Financial
Condition Report, Regulatory Supervision Report, quarterly Financial Stability Templates and quarterly and annual Quantitative Reporting Templates, including preparation of comprehensive narrative documents where appropriate. Maintain a thorough
understanding of internal model.
- Instructions – Manage instructions to reporting units regarding new and/or changed financial policies, key performance indicators and guidelines as well as advise countries on embedding these policies and guidelines in their processes, so that reporting units are optimally able to work with new and/or changed financial policies and guidelines and quality of reporting is improved globally.
- Group and Local support – Provide support on key Group processes. Provide support to local finance departments in closing a
period, from own expertise, in order to enhance the quality and compliance of financial reporting.
- Business improvement – Monitor all relevant internal and external developments regarding IFRS and Solvency II and initiate new ways to optimize processes, in order to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of the financial reporting processes.
- Advice – Advise the Team Leads and the Head of Financial Reporting & Operations about Financial Reporting developments on a regular basis, based on a good understanding of Aegon business, in order to provide them with the necessary information to take adequate decisions on the subject and improve business processes.
- Actuarial University/Master degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of actuarial analysis/reporting experience
- Small team management and coaching experience
- Work experience in an international and, or multinational environment
- Excellent analytical, people and organizational skills
- Strong data and IT skills
- Extensive financial reporting and operations experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Solvency II
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Highly competitive annual pay
- A good work/life balance including annual leave and statutory holidays in accordance to the Hungarian labor regulations
- Work from home in a hybrid working model
- Pension plan
- Yearly training budget, plus a large pool of inhouse trainings to choose from
- Complex people programs to support your individual and team development
- A fun and energetic, on the ground and global team
- An opportunity to work with international offices and businesses, while being based in Budapest