This includes the following tasks:
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack-based services on the Open Telekom Cloud Platform in the network area in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You further develop the physical and virtual network architecture, taking IT security aspects into account.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of public cloud, open source and security.
- You are a trustworthy consultant for Public Cloud technology in the area of networks internally and for key customers.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
If you have…
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- Very good knowledge of Linux, Linux Network System Technologies, Software Defined Networks and OpenStack (especially Neutron, Nova, Cinder and Heat).
- Very good knowledge of the close integration of development and application operation in the Cloud especially in Automation with Ansible and Ansible Tower/AWX.
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Very good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Detailed programming experience with Python.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.