The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
As "Senior Architect Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and container technology based on OpenStack. You are able to understand the network concept and interoperability of high availability. You drive the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You will work with the architects of key customers and be a trusted advisor for public cloud technology.
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack - future PaaS/SaaS features (e.g. Serverless, Edge, Hybrid, AI) of the Open Telekom Cloud using agile development methods (DevOps) in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You further develop the platform architecture and advocate a vendor-independent build and installation pipeline.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
If you have…
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience
- 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with Software-Defined Storage or Networking.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Exceptionally deep expert knowledge of software architecture.
- Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Experience with common OpenSource Config-Management Tools.
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers