This is a unique opportunity to work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team, where you can employ new and exciting technologies to solve unique and challenging problems on a daily basis. Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion and they desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences.
Senior Back-end Engineer
Your tasks will:
- be designing, coding and operating high-performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily Scala)
- understand our entire data stack, from DynamoDB through Kafka to Scala/Akka
- build and operate world class services in the field of phone fraud detection
- have the chance to create an impact on the lives of tens of millions of consumers daily.
- be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn are valued and aptly rewarded; where you are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive every day; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- Experience with functional programming in a typed setting; especially in Scala (2-5 years of experiences)
- A passion for building scalable systems;
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end;
- A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement;
- BSCS + 2 years of experience or M.S. in Computer Science; or relevant experience
- Excellent communication and self-organization skills incl. working within and with other remote teams.
- Familiar with data storage-, processing systems and web service APIs;
- Knowledge of cloud computing;
- Experience with *nix.
- Have experience in Spring Boot (Java)
- Have deployed services to the cloud (especially AWS);
- beautiful office at the downtown
- outstanding compensation package
- supporting, accepting environment