Aegon Global Technology Service (GTS) provides technology infrastructure support as well as business consulting services to the Aegon USA, European enterprise and business partners. The information technology services encompasses regional services, enterprise-wide application services, architecture, product assessment, customer service, internet and messaging, server management, telecommunications, security, data service and more.
This position will be part of the GTS Infrastructure Cloud Capability and Design team. The primary objective of this department is to provide support to internal clients on applications and infrastructure migrating to the Cloud from on premise solutions. Primary areas of responsibility include: intake, business analysis, requirements gathering, project support, on-boarding, and ongoing functional production support.
- Define and document business requirements related to system functionality, performance, security and internal controls; document current state and future state processes for purposes of gap analysis, process improvement opportunities and training; obtain approvals from the business sponsor.
- Communicate effectively with external and internal teams to ensure the delivery of the solutions and/or project’s functional requirements.
- Participate or coordinate technology evaluations by assisting business areas with changes or selection of systems. Participate or coordinate Request for Proposal processes, impact analysis and feasibility studies. Maintain relationships with IT application vendors during selection processes and implementation projects.
Provide consultancy and research possibilities with respect to solutions and cost (support business case preparation).
- Interact with the business in order to know and understand their processes and (IT) needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Liaise with peers in country-units and external parties in the field of Business Analysis, Project Management, Business Process Management, Application Management and Test Management, to exchange best practices, knowledge and processes and to mature and improve Business Analyst role and expertise/skills.
- Prepare test cases based on knowledge of how the system is designed, requirements and expected results. Execution of detailed test cases/scripts for functional testing and regression testing. Track any issues and follow up on the related resolution.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with business end-users of application.
- Ensure the quality of documents and other deliverables meets quality standards, appropriate methodology and acceptance criteria.
- Setup, configuration, and administration of the JIRA environment.
- Provide User Management and support for local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices.
- Create and manage security schemes, custom fields and configurations.
- Install, manage and administer JIRA add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Gather requirements for business processes and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Implement Tools upgrades, and coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Develop process, procedures, and governance in support of JIRA usage.
- Setup, configuration, and administration of crowd
Project Management (larger initiatives are typically led by PMO with input of BA)
- Participate in or lead project initiation processes related to a project charter and work breakdown structure.
- Deliver the intended BAOS responsibilities on time and within budget.
- Participate in or lead (when necessary) project closure processes.
- Manage time to designated budget; record time to project work appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent knowledge and a minimum related work experience of 5-7 years in the areas listed below.
- Well-developed skill in business requirements gathering and documenting
- Well-developed skill in quality assurance and testing methodologies
- Well-developed skill in creating application administrator guides and user
- Well-developed understanding of application security and related compliance processes
- Well-developed business process analysis/mapping skills
- Moderate level of experience working with Service Level Objectives (SLO) management and reporting
- Moderate level of ability estimating and budgeting for IT services
- High level of knowledge of standard SDLC methodologies
- Well-developed abilities to work on strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Well-developed skills in root cause analysis
- Several years of experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint) as well as SharePoint
- Moderate level of understand of ITIL and project management methodologies.
- Expert-level experience with the Atlassian products: Jira, Confluence and Crowd
- Expert in the delivery of CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Development) solutions
- Ability to perform as Lead technician in integrations or implementations of any of the Atlassian tool suite
- Able to train on functional support and use of the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with Setup, configuration, and administration of the JIRA/Crowd/Confluence environment
- Able to create and manage security schemes, custom fields and configurations
- Able to create and manage confluence spaces
- Install, manage and administer JIRA add-ons, plugins, and extensions
- Develop process, procedures, and governance in support of JIRA usage
- Experience with customizing JIRA projects
- Experience with using JIRA REST APIs for integration schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Proficient in ScriptRunner / Groovy / JQL
Benefits besides compensation/salary:
- Home office
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- Yoga classes
- Life Fitness discount
- Training & Development opportunities
- Highly people-centric environment