Our client is a worldwide player in the bank sector, for which we look for a Senior Java Developer to their Budapest-based business services center.
The Senior Java developer is responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Senior Java Developer
As a Senior Java developer you will:
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements, including using script tools and analyzing/interpreting code
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications.
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging
- Design and develop distributed quantitative analytics software and risk simulation models
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgements to recommend and implement solutions
- Resolve issues by identifying and selecting solutions through the applications of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Fluent English knowledge
- University/college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java (Java 8, Spring 4+, etc.)
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Competitive compensation package.
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines.
- Home office and dynamic working hours.
- Opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Friendly work atmosphere.
- Flexible work arrangements.