The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
As a "Senior Architect Network Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments of physical or virtual networks in cloud and container technology. You drive the further development of the network in our OpenStack-based cloud platform in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack-based services on the Open Telekom Cloud Platform in the network area in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You further develop the physical and virtual network architecture, taking IT security aspects into account.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of public cloud, open source and security.
- You are a trustworthy consultant for Public Cloud technology in the area of networks internally and for key customers.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
If you have…
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- Very good knowledge of Linux, Linux Network System Technologies, Software Defined Networks and OpenStack (especially Neutron, Nova, Cinder and Heat).
- Very good knowledge of the close integration of development and application operation in the Cloud especially in Automation with Ansible and Ansible Tower/AWX.
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Very good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Detailed programming experience with Python.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.