As a Senior Software Engineer in our Partner's Business Platform Safety, Security & Crisis Management (SSC), you will be an integral part of shaping the future of the Client's and the aviation industry.
You will work closely with other software engineers, data scientists, product owners, business product analysts, and operations experts to create innovative solutions.
You will have the flexibility to work from the Operations Control Center (where their customers are located), their SSC office, or from the comfort of your own home.
Most importantly, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of highly skilled, ambitious, and helpful colleagues!
Senior Python Developer
Important aspects of the job:
- Automate everything: Improve the delivery speed, agility and quality using CI/CD, test automation, linters and scripts;
- Freedom Friday’s: You are encouraged and expected to spend 10% of your time with us learning new things, doing research and developing yourself. You can do this by taking courses, exploring innovative technologies, improving processes, or doing cool hack-projects with your colleagues!
- Coaching your teammates in the intricacies and best practices of software engineering, API design (API everything!), containers, configuration & infrastructure as code and cloud architecture;
- Designing the right architecture with your team and evaluate technology choices to solve the problem at hand;
- You can look forward to co-creating with safety analysts, flight crew and operations experts at the firm. Close coordination with data scientists, SME’s and software engineers in an agile product team way of working is an integral part of your work.
You are a highly skilled and experienced software professional who specializes in developing and maintaining complex software systems.
You have a deep understanding of software development methodologies, programming languages, and technologies and can lead projects, mentor junior engineers and navigate resistance to continuously drive innovation in your field.
You are passionate about delivering high-quality, secure, and scalable software solutions that meet the needs of your stakeholders.
You bring along:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience (Python and Angular)
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Azure Cosmos;
- Experience with building API’s and knowledge of REST API best practices;
- Proficient with automated testing
- Familiar with DevSecOps (Bamboo CI/CD, GitHub Actions, etc.)
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud architecture and scalability (Google Cloud or Azure)
- A challenging role at an unique Dutch company
- A competitive gross salary
- Opportunities for personal development through training and education and wonderful career opportunities
- A comprehensive package of fringe benefits including large discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months).