We are looking for a VAT Accountant to join our prestigious partner, who is a global leader company in life science.
- Ensure timely filings of all periodic filings for VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales List for the jurisdictions that fall into the role’s responsibility.
- Monitor the status of the preparation of VAT related filings, and follow up with the external service provider on any potential delays. Work with external service providers to rectify the cause of any delays to avoid late filings.
- Respond to external service providers for any requests for information, and be proactive in inquiring.
- For a selection of filings, review VAT, Intrastat, ESPL and any other local returns applicable, and approve submission in coordination with the VAT Compliance Manager.
- Prepare and document proper working papers to support the review of VAT returns and related filings.
- Support the extraction of data and preparation of intrastat reports, where automation is not available.
- Prepare the monthly and/or quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for the VAT GL accounts. Prepare and post any VAT related journals in to SAP accordingly.
- Prepare annual VAT reconciliations for manager review, and to support year-end statutory audits.
- Where applicable, support any real time reporting requirements.
- Ensure accounting policies are aligned with VAT requirements.
- Initiate and prepare regular VAT and other VAT related tax payments for manager approval.
- Add value to the VAT team by making recommendations on how to improve current processes and create efficiencies.
- Add value to the VAT team by collaborating with other departments in the organisation to refine current processes and drive further efficiencies. Seek ways to standardize documentation.
- Support the US GAAP (Group) audits and local statutory audits by providing timely responses to any audit questions and requests.
- Support VAT audits as they occur in the EMEA countries.
- Support a range of ad hoc projects especially those around real time reporting.
- Keep up to date with regulations in the area of VAT, Intrastat and ESL and ensure SAP is at all times up to date with VAT rates and other regulatory and compliance aspects.
An important element of the role is coordinating different stakeholders within Business units in-country, and in organizations across EMEA as well as with EMEA management.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Tax and/or professional qualification
- Good knowledge of Indirect Tax in EMEA or some of its jurisdictions.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with ability to work flexibly in an ever-changing work environment with good excel skills.
- Possess a strong accounting/control background.
- Proven track record of identifying and remediating problems and solving issues.
- Working knowledge of and strong experience working with SAP.
- Strong excel skills.
- Good written and verbal English language skills essential.
- Attractive salary and benefit package
- Long term career perspective
- Interesting, stimulating work in an international environment
- Pleasant atmosphere with inspiring and diverse working teams
- Home Office opportunity