Your new company
They enable organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyse information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 3,500 team members around the globe, they intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.You will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Their product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. They are working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Your new role
As an R&D escalation engineer, your main customer is our global support team. Your tasks include handling requests from them; where either the complexity is high, or deep technical knowledge of their products is required. If the need arises you will have to speak directly with the customer and solve their issues. The position will offer you an opportunity to work both individually and as part of a team. It will satisfy your ambition to develop and advance your technical and professional skills while learning about their network security technologies.
- Deliver professional solutions for our support team in connection with the products and appliances sold by the company
- Understanding customer needs, identifying and resolving software errors
- Communicating with the Support team and customers in written and spoken English
- Cooperating with the Development teams on a daily basis
- Provide on-call assistance for our Support teams
What you'll need to succeed
- MSc or BSc degree in a professional field, experience as a System Engineer
- Experience in the planning, implementation, documentation and operation of Unix/ Linux systems
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS
- Good trouble shooting skills on Windows OS.
- Good knowledge of tools on Windows OS
- Good understanding of Active Directory operations and Windows Server
- Basic knowledge of authentication services using Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application level protocols, and firewall technologies
- Experience in network communication debugging, routing, knowledge of VPN technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Powershell, Perl, Python, Bash, AWK
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.