The largest ICT employer in Hungary, Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions (formerly IT-Services Hungary, ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 5000 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey in 2021 and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.
Head of Team (Open Telekom Cloud) - REF1229O
Open Telekom Cloud is the public cloud offering of T-Systems International with two large scale data centers in Germany and in the Netherlands. European companies and institutions usually choose OTC, because it is offering the highest security and the strictest data protection according to the GDPR from a German provider. We use open standards such as OpenStack enabling maximum flexibility and security for the future. No wonder that OTC has become a real alternative of hyperscalers in Europe, with ever increasing capacities and with doubling revenue year over year.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate people lead, who is able to take over the lead and govern our growing team.
The team is distributed into two sub units:
- a squad with operation and engineering tasks, developing their own product on top of the Open Telekom Cloud. The portfolio contains the management of operating systems, applications and databases in the cloud, offering these services for small, medium and large sized customers of the Open Telekom Cloud.
- a hub containing multiple squads focusing on End-to-End customer experience and providing product and service delivery management.
The team members are located in three different locations in Hungary, at Budapest, Debrecen and Szeged. Therefore the willingness to travel and a great online presence supported by the ability to use collaboration tools is a must have to be effective in the role.
Major stakeholders are from Germany and Hungary, the business language is English but German is a big advantage and occasionally preferable.
- Ensuring the fulfillment of the team’s expected service level
- Managing performance and skill evaluations of employees together with stakeholders
- Setting up and tracking career paths to enable personal development in accordance with business goals
- Leading employees with various professional competencies
- Managing daily operational tasks
- Monitoring the execution of tasks, ensuring the appropriate workload / work distribution within the team
- Managing resources (work schedules, holidays, substitution plans)
- Employee lifecycle management including: hiring, selection of talents, performing job interviews, onboarding, regular dialogues with employees, continuous development
- Transferring operational and other relevant business information towards the team
- Ensuring welfare of the team: enabling efficient team work and conflict handling
- Tracking the productivity and operational performance of the team, setting targets, executing corrective actions when needed
- Ensuring the efficient use of corporate assets; applying proper processes, methodologies and standards
- Taking the roles specified in Document Handling Policy or agreed elsewhere and the execution of the related tasks
- Willingness to travel (regularly 2-3 locations in Hungary and monthly/quarterly meetings in Germany, when not restricted by pandemic situation)
- Handling of occasional management processes (self-governance and responsibility)
- Performing work in international teams, in an integrated, virtual work environment
- Cost & capacity management
- Participating in the elaboration and realization of the business unit’s strategy and goals
- Min. 3+ years of relevant professional experience, college degree is not a must but it is an advantage
- People management and leadership skills
- Experience in managing medium (20+) sized groups
- General knowledge of IT and Public Cloud concepts:
- High level understanding of cloud computing, operating systems, applications and databases, IT basics, etc.
- Experience or high level understanding of operational services
General understanding of business concepts and frameworks:
- Agile / SCRUM
- Problem solving skills
- Agile mindset
- Ability to work in complex working environment
- Ability to motivate and instruct co-workers and delegating tasks
- Self-dependence and responsibility
- Team-player attitude
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English knowledge (C1)
- German is an advantage
* Please be informed that our remote working possibility is only available within Hungary due to European taxation regulation.
Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged