The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future.
Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
- In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach.
- Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
- With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
- We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal.
- Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform.
- Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
- Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
- Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
- Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
- As "Senior Architect Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and container technology based on OpenStack.
- You are able to understand the network concept and interoperability of high availability.
- You drive the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You will work with the architects of key customers and be a trusted advisor for public cloud technology.
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack - future PaaS/SaaS features (e.g. Serverless, Edge, Hybrid, AI) of the Open Telekom Cloud using agile development methods (DevOps) in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You further develop the platform architecture and advocate a vendor-independent build and installation pipeline.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
If you have…
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience
- 7-15 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with Software-Defined Storage or Networking.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Exceptionally deep expert knowledge of software architecture.
- Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Experience with common OpenSource Config-Management Tools.
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken.
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers.