Senior Data Engineer
In this role, you'll:
- Be designing, coding and operating mission-critical data processing pipelines on a combination of Apache Spark and other JVM based platforms (primarily Scala).
- Understand our entire data stack from Spark through Kafka to Scala/Akka components.
- Look for generic yet not overly-complex solutions, with an eye on cost-efficiency.
- Build and operate world-class data services in the field of phone fraud detection, having the chance to create an impact on the lives of tens of millions of consumers daily.
- Be part of a team where your desire to grow and learn is valued and aptly rewarded; where you are empowered to make yourself and your team more productive every day; where using and contributing to open source are looked upon as an asset; where innovating and executing are core to your teams' beliefs.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- Experience building highly scalable and -available ETL solutions based on the Apache Spark ecosystem.
- A desire to own design and architecture end to end.
- You already worked with various big-data technologies (Redshift, Athena, Zeppelin, etc.)
- Being fluent in typed functional programming (especially in Scala).
- Having experience with stream processing and scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern deployment environments (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Passion for analyzing data for insights.
- Proficient at collaborating and communicating with both local and remote team members in English and Hungarian.
Supporting and fast-growing startup environment
Education and training budget
Competitive salary and benefits