Our partner, as a global investment manager and a leading provider of financial technology, is looking for a new colleague for its Payroll EMEA team, working within an outsourced operating model with three payroll service providers across the region. The Payroll EMEA team is responsible for managing the vendor relationships, flow of data and queries, ensuring employees receive their compensation timely and accurately, in full compliance with all payroll laws and regulations.
We are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. Being a developer at us means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
What makes our team special
- We have the freedom to choose our tools and technologies. We use open source, industry standards & cutting edge technologies
- Even though we are a tech team we have the opportunity to learn about our business domain and what is our impact on clients
- We are responsible for delivering projects end to end, including planning, architecting and coding
- We take innovative and commercially relevant ideas, prototype rapidly, and commercialise them
- We can deliver complete solutions because we consist of finance professionals, researchers, quants, computer cientists, data analytics engineers and UX designers.
- We work with colleagues and our team spans across the globe (San Francisco, London, Budapest, etc)
- We are highly sought after to tackle data- and analytically-intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways. We value open communication and eagerness to learn and share!
We are looking for someone who:
- considers and visualises future state and designs accordingly. As a team lead, you are always thinking about user experience, business analysis or database design!
- loves to mentor and guide your more junior colleagues.
- Keen to take ownership of the project, while enjoying the full support and assistance from the entire group
- Curious about your profession. Keen to learn and keep up to date
- Striving to deliver business value and selecting the appropriate technology to match that objective.
- Seeking to deliver quality and attention to detail, be it design, coding or code reviews.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+years Java and business systems analysis & design.
- Proven experience leading agile development teams
- The desire & experience to lead and set the technical direction alongside an experienced development team.
- Experience with systems design, business analysis and teasing out requirements.
- An experienced collaborator, used to working with individuals from diverse business and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong interest in financial markets.
We value if you have:
- Working financial knowledge and/or previous experience in a financial company
- Interest in database design
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or related tertiary eduction
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Greenplum or similar databases
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies, such like Docker and Kubernetes
- Pension fund contribution
- Private medical insurance (optional for family members too)
- Cafeteria allowance
- Life and disability insurance
- Corporate phone (in selected positions)
- Ability to work from home
- Ultra wide monitors and standing desks for everyone
- Free tea & coffee
- Free Bicycle storage & shower facilities
- Heavily discounted garage space for car owners
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota (to be discussed with the manager)
- Working Saturdays are given as a holiday
- Generous paternity & maternity paid leave.
Learning and development:
- Free access to popular learning sites
- Language classes (Hungarian and English)
- Generous training/upskilling budget
- Ability to attend conferences
Socialising and volunteering:
- Corporate, including family, events
- Two fully paid volunteering days
- Company organised volunteering opportunities
- Donations to NGOs / Charities are matched 1:1 by the company