As a partner of Aegon Global Technology, we are looking for candidates for a Senior Network Operations Engineer role. In 2017, the company established its most recent technology center in Budapest, which since then has been growing rapidly. Aegon Global Technology makes sure that all employees of Aegon are working with latest IT solutions and receive the finest support. Being part of their team not only gives you the opportunity to work with the most recent IT technologies, but also provides you with an opportunity for a dynamic and diverse career path.
In addition to the globally modern IT environment, Aegon Global Technology can provide you with exceptional compensation and a secure and long-term career; and also, the company supports flexible working hours and home office opportunities. Its brand new office is located in the heart of the city.
By following the values of the company, coming to work should bring you a feeling of passion, fun and creativity instead of making you simply hope for some green traffic lights on your way to work every morning.
Eager to know more? In that case, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and get all the details.
As a member of the Network Operations team, you will be responsible for the design, 3rd level operational support, and process management of a large global enterprise network. This will include troubleshooting incidents, providing escalation support for Level 2 Operations and providing problem resolution, including the support of Firewalls, VPN technologies, SDN technologies, Application Accelerators, and Wireless networks.
Your key responsibilites will include the following:
- Configuring and installing network equipment on a large scale to support business needs
- Performing moderately difficult assignments, requiring a great deal of originality and problem solving
- Working from established procedures with limited instruction
- Using your working knowledge of project management concepts to run small projects
- Performing in-depth analysis of packet captures and presenting your findings with recommendations for enhancements or corrections
- Assisting in the development and enhancement of procedures
- Complying with information security policies
- Exhibiting regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in Telecommunications technology specializing in data networking
- A computer science or related technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand and implement complex network patterns primarily using the following technologies:
o Cisco ISR/ASR Routers;
o Cisco ASA Firewalls;
o Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches;
o Palo Alto Networks Security Appliances;
o SDN technology – Cisco ACI, Silver Peak;
o Wireless technologies.
- Ability to understand and decode network traces and capture files
- Ability to communicate with audiences of different levels of technical understanding both in writing and speaking;
- Ability to be a self-starter with self-motivation for learning new technologies
- Ability to quickly understand customer problems and how they relate to network/security infrastructure
- Ability to decode existing Python programs and Ansible Automation
- Ability to navigate and understand AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- Competitive salary
- Home Office
- Private health insurance
- Brand new office at excellent location (Corvin)
- Training and career opportunities
- Opportunity to join a newly started IT Center in Budapest
- Gym membership discount